Children and costs…

Studying as a parent has its very own challenges – for example financially. We know that especially parents who study have much more on their plate than other students. This is why we have collected helpful information for you here. On the bottom of this page, you'll find at a glance all discounts and benefits applicable to parents who study.

Mensa for Kids

The project Mensa for Kids, a cooperation between the federal state of Baden-Wuerttemberg and local student unions, offers children of graduates free meals in canteens when accompanied by their parent. This offer is available until the children are aged 10.

You only need to apply for the free 'Mensa for Kids' ID to benefit from this offer. To get the ID, you will need your student ID and a copy of your child's birth certificate or the family register.

In Heidelberg, you can get the IDs in InfoCafé International (INF 304) and in ServiceCenter at the University square. In Heilbronn and Künzelsau, the IDs are available at from the canteen management.

Here are some financial support options for students with children




How to contact us

Marion Meurer

Daycare Administration, Payments and Fee Reminders

Tel: 06221 54-3498
Fax: 06221 54-3580

Mo - Fr: 9.30 - 12.00 
For a personal consultation, please make an appointment in advance.


Deutsches Studierendenwerk

Consultation Hours by Phone:

+49 6221 54-5404

Monday - Friday: 9.30 - 12.00
Please make an appointment for an in-person consultation.

For Anne-Frank-Kita in Heilbronn:

Birgit Englert
Family-oriented University

Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences
Bildungscampus Nord
Bauteil S/ Nr. 17
74081 Heilbronn

Tel.: +49 (0)7131 - 504 207

This could also be of interest
card image cap

Student Finance


card image cap

Advice & Service


card image cap

Advice & Service

Social Counselling